Skills based video conferencing (SbVC)
Telebehavioral health and recovery support can assist with the expansion of services and improve client outcomes. It is essential to ensure that professionals providing services using videoconferencing mediums obtain comprehensive and specific training and supervision to offer the best quality of care. This series offers a unique interactive experience that provides shared consultation to professionals delivering counseling in an online environment. The series is structured to provide online consultation, skill-based learning and practice, group and self-study activities, reading assignments, and discussion on topics essential to providing services using videoconferencing mediums.
Every Wednesday, March 31 – May 26, 11am-12:30pm Central Time
- Describe and demonstrate the role of Telebehavioral Health in the continuum of clinical services
- Identify the professional code of conduct for specific professional association
- Discuss the legal and jurisdictional implications for individual practice
- Explain how to identify, locate, and experience online support groups
- Behavioral Health, Substance Use Disorders, and Recovery Service providers
- Support the idea of using technology to provide clinical services
- Baseline knowledge of web-based videoconferencing for use in clinical practice
- Currently use or plan to incorporate videoconferencing into clinical and/or recovery services
PARTICIPANT COMMITMENT AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Access to appropriate technology to utilize Zoom videoconferencing platform (internet connection, webcam, computer/tablet, speakers and microphone)
- Attend a live one-hour Orientation session on Wednesday, March 31 at 11:00am CT to demonstrate mastery of the basic technology skills required to participate
- Commit to 8 weeks of training: for 1.5 hours weekly on scheduled series days/time AND complete ONE hour of weekly learning activity
- Access to appropriate technology to utilize online videoconferencing platform (i.e., web-camera, internet connections, laptop/tablet, built-in/USB/Bluetooth speakers and microphone)
- Be prepared and actively engaged while remaining on camera at least 90% of the scheduled series time
- Sandnes S. Boulanger, LCSW, CAP
- Maryellen Evers, LCSW, CAADC
There is no cost to participate in a series. The first 40 registrants will receive a scholarship that covers the entire $500 cost of participation. Once the 40 spots have been filled, registration will be closed. As grant-sponsored scholarship recipients and in order to receive continuing education hours, it is expected participants attend the live technology training; be prepared for and join each session; be on camera at least 90% of the time; and actively engage in group discussions.
Registrants enrolled in this series are required to attend the first two sessions on March 31 and April 7. If you cannot attend these sessions, you will forfeit your attendance. Due to limited enrollment, if you cannot commit to the full participant requirements, please defer this registration opportunity to others. Registration is not transferable to another person.
In addition, it is expected that participants will have access to all appropriate technology by Week 2 (April 7th) in order to fully participate. This is not a webinar series and active participation to gain/improve skills is required.
If you have not received a welcome email by March 30, please check your spam folder. If you have questions, please email the MPATTC Workwise Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 775-784-6265 or 866-617-2816 (toll-free).
Continuing Education – The series has been approved for a total of 21 contact hours through the National Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC), International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC), and the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) ACEP No. 6492. No credit will be awarded for non-attendance or partial attendance.
The knowledge and skills learned should be applied within the framework of any applicable Operating and/or Credentialing regulations in your State of practice.