Preparing your Health Center for SBIRT Implementation (SBIRT-IP)
Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) is designed to provide universal screening, prevention, and early intervention and treatment within health care settings for people who have risky or hazardous alcohol and/or drug use. This extended online learning series will provide 16 hours of instruction for healthcare providers establishing or currently implementing SBIRT in their agency. Through virtual, interactive learning, participants will receive real-time performance feedback related to their current use and implementation strategies of SBIRT with an emphasis on integrating brief interventions into current services and workflow. This is not a webinar series and active participation to gain/improve skills are required.
Every Tuesday, May 25 – July 6, 2021 from 12:00 p.m. -1:30 p.m. (PT)
- Learn foundational knowledge on core aspects essential to SBIRT
- Identify drug and alcohol screening tools for use in general, pregnant or adolescent populations in a health care setting
- Demonstrate a brief intervention utilizing the FLO algorithm.
- Understand and utilize a warm handoff to facilitate referral for high risk substance use behavior.
- Identify at least two implementation strategies towards integration that could be used in a health care setting.
- Discuss sustainability of SBIRT in a Health Care setting.
- Identify the signs of compassion fatigue in the workplace.
This Training is Intended for the Following Audience:
Community Health Workers, Medical Assistants, Nurses and Behavioral Health Providers located in Nevada. Currently using SBIRT or in the process of implementing SBIRT in a healthcare setting.
Participant Commitment & Expectations:
- Access to appropriate technology to utilize Zoom videoconferencing platform (internet connection, webcam, laptop/tablet, speakers and microphone)
- Attend a one-hour online Orientation on May 25, 2021 at 12:00 pm
- Commit to 6-weeks of online training for 1.5 hours weekly from June 1 – July 6, 2021
- Complete weekly self-study learning activities
Christina Boyd, LSCSW, LCAC
There is No Cost to Participate:
The first 35 registrants will receive a waiver that covers the entire $350 cost of participation. Due to limited enrollment, if you cannot commit to the full participant requirements, please defer this registration opportunity to others.
Registrants enrolled in this series are expected to attend all sessions. In addition, it is expected that participants will have access to the appropriate technology by April 7th in order to fully participate and be on camera at least 90% of the time. This is not a webinar series and active participation to gain/improve skills are required.
Please contact the Workwise Staff at email@example.com or by phone at 775-784-6265 or 866-617-2816 (toll-free).