Motivational Interviewing – Into Practice (MI-IP)
Would you like to enhance your current knowledge and also practice how to effectively use Motivational Interviewing (MI)? This series will provide a 20-hour curriculum that covers topics and provides interactive practice opportunities essential to the development and/or refinement of MI skills and relational style. Emphasis is placed on the “intentional use” of MI skills to identify a change goal, resolve ambivalence and increase motivation for change.
Every Tuesday, May 24 – July 19, 2022 from 3:00 – 4:30 pm Central
At the end of the MI-IP Enhanced Professional Learning Series, participants will be able to:
- Describe the relationship between the process of change, ambivalence and Motivational Interviewing
- State the reason(s) for choosing and using a specific MI skill at a particular moment
- Demonstrate evoking Change Talk
- Discern between intentional and non-directional use of MI skills
- Conduct a personal assessment and develop an individualized MI Strengths & Growth Opportunities plan
- Behavioral Health, Substance Use Disorders, Mental Health, and Recovery Service providers located in HHS Region 6 (Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas)
PARTICIPANT COMMITMENT & EXPECTATIONS:
- In order to be eligible and register for the MI-IP Series, applicants are required to complete the 4-hour, free, self-paced, online course Tour of MI: An Interprofessional Road Map for Behavior Change and submit an electronic copy of your certificate of completion during the registration process. TOUR OF MI CEUs: Participants can take the Tour of MI course and receive a FREE Certificate of Completion. CEUs are offered at an additional price of $20.00.
- Access to appropriate technology to utilize Zoom videoconferencing platform (internet connection, webcam, laptop/tablet, speakers and microphone)
- Attend a one-hour online Orientation on May 24, 2022 at 3:00 pm CT
- Commit to 8-weeks of online training for 1.5 hours weekly from May 31 – July 19, 2022
Paul Warren, LMSW
Amy Shanahan, MS, CADC
THIS SERIES IS AVAILABLE TO YOU AT NO COST.
The first 40 registrants will receive a South Southwest ATTC waiver that covers the $550 cost to participate. Once the 40 spots have been filled, registration will be closed.
Registrants enrolled in this series are required to attend the May 24th and May 31st sessions. If you cannot attend these sessions, you will forfeit your attendance.
In addition, it is expected that participants will have access to the appropriate technology by May 31st in order to fully participate and be on camera at least 90% of the time. This is not a webinar series and active participation to gain/improve skills are required.
Due to limited enrollment, if you cannot commit to the full participant requirements, please defer this online training series opportunity to others. Registration is not transferable to another person.
If you do not receive a welcome email on May 23rd, please check your spam folder.
CONTINUING EDUCATION (CEs/CEHs)
The series has been approved for a total of 21 contact hours (20 hours content instruction and one hour orientation session) through the National Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC), International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC), and the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) ACEP No. 6492. No credit will be awarded for non-attendance or partial attendance.
The knowledge and skills learned should be applied within the framework of any applicable Operating and/or Credentialing regulations in your State of practice.
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call 866-617-2816.