TECHNOLOGY-BASED CLINICAL SUPERVISION EXTENDED ONLINE SERIES
Would you like the opportunity to enhance your current knowledge or learn how technology can provide an innovative way to approach clinical supervision? This series will provide a 20-hour curriculum that covers topics essential to the development and/or improvement of skills when using technology to conduct clinical supervision in behavioral health settings.
Every Tuesday, October 9 – December 4, 2018, 12:30pm – 2:00pm Eastern Time
- Understand the role of technology in conducting clinical supervision
- Demonstrate knowledge of technology-based clinical supervision and application in practice
- Experience conducting technology-based clinical supervision
- Identify the therapeutic alliance via technology
- Understand the legal and jurisdictional implications for conducting technology-based clinical supervision
TARGET AUDIENCE are Clinical Supervisors Who:
- Work in the Behavioral Health, Substance Use Disorders, and Recovery Support Services field located in the Central East ATTC region (HHS Region 3)
- Have two (2) years clinical supervision experience and understand the concepts of supervision
- Support the idea of using technology to provide clinical supervision
- Are currently using or contemplating using technology during supervision
PARTICIPANT COMMITMENT & EXPECTATIONS:
- Prior to the first session on October 9th view a 20-minute video tutorial on how to use and maximize the videoconferencing platform
- Attend a live one-hour Orientation to Technology Session on Tuesday, October 9th at 12:30 p.m. ET to demonstrate mastery of the basic technology skills required to participate
- Commit to 8-weeks of training, for 1.5 hours weekly on scheduled series days/times and complete ONE hour of weekly learning activities
- Access to appropriate technology to utilize online videoconferencing platform (i.e., an internet connection, built-in or USB webcam, laptop/tablet, built-in/USB/Bluetooth speakers and microphone)
- Be prepared and actively engage while on camera 90% of the scheduled series time
There is no cost to participate in a series.
The first 40 registrants will receive a scholarship that covers the entire $350 cost of participation. As a grant sponsored scholarship and in order to receive continuing education hours, it is expected participants will view the 20-minute video tutorial; attend the live technology training; be prepared for and join each session; and actively engage in group discussions.
PLEASE NOTE: Registrants enrolled in this series are required to attend the first two sessions on October 9th and October 16th. If you cannot attend these session you will forfeit your spot to attend. In addition, it is expected that participants will have access to the appropriate technology by Week 3 (October 23rd) in order to fully participate and be on camera at least 90% of the time. This is not a webinar series and active participation to gain/improve skills is required.
If you have questions, please email the NFARtec Workwise Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the NFARtec staff by phone at 775-784-6265 or 866-617-2816 (toll-free).
Continuing Education – The series has been approved for a total of 20 contact hours through the National Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC), International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC), and the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) ACEP No. 6492. No credit will be awarded for non-attendance or partial attendance. The knowledge and skills learned should be applied within the framework of any applicable Operating and/or Credentialing regulations in your State of practice.